11.45 – 12:30 Gio Bat (Manu Uranga /Pablo Marte) Bilbao
12.30 – 13:00 Break
– Halfhouse (Barcelona) is a combination of home and art space for exchange and artistic communications. One of the aims is to prioritise working directly with artists, supporting their productions and the critical development of their programming. Halfhouse is an initiative of the artists Sinéad Spelman and Alberto Peral.
– Gio Bat is a project of the artist Manu Uranga that analyses physical production by means of body and gesture, in the material relationship with the place through technological supports and their dynamics. From the beginning of this year and in collaboration with Pablo Marte, Gio Bat has developed a number of exhibitions of different artists in Bilbao.
– Uma Certa Falta de Coerência is an exhibition space in Porto directed by the artists André Sousa and Mauro Cerqueira. They took its name from the title of a book by the artist Jimmie Durham (A Certain Lack of Coherence), in which one can read a text entitled: “Artists must begin helping themselves”.
– Juan Pablo Huércanos is deputy director of the Museo Oteiza and curator of cultural projects. In 2014, he was curator of Auto, nuevas formas y modelos en la autoedición y la publicación independiente at the Centro Huarte. He is preparing a new edition of this exhibition for 2016 at the aforementioned centre.
– Gonzalo Golpe is a highly experienced graphic arts professional, a sector in which he has worked as production manager, exhibition production designer, coordinator and publisher. Since 2010, he has directed Siete de un Golpe, a workshop specialised in editing, coordination and graphic production for publications and exhibitions. He lives in Madrid.
– Elisabeth Klement is a graphic designer based in Amsterdam where together with Pieter Verbeke she runs the art and design bookshop San Serriffe. She currently works at the graphic design department of the Rietveld Academie. Together with Laura Pappa she initiated and organises the annual Asterisk Summer School in Tallinn.
– Moritz Kung is a Barcelona-based exhibition curator and publisher. He specialises in books of artists. In 2015, he has curated a number of different publishing activities within Arts Libris (Barcelona) one of the most relevant meetings of contemporary publishing at an international level.
– Mela Dávila Freire holds a B.A. in English and German Philology from the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona. She was publications coordinator at CGAC (Santiago de Compostela), assistant to the director of MECAD/Media Centre d’Art i Disseny (Sabadell, Barcelona), and head of publications at MACBA (Barcelona). She currently lives in Hamburg.